So the question is, what do I get out of my ED???
(Please read in a non-judgemental way, this is extremely honest)
- keeps me at arms length in friendships/relationship so I dont get hurt emotionally or sexually
- people dont expect as much from me when I'm struggling
- keeps me small so guys arent sexually attracted to me
- occupies my mind when I dont want to deal with my emotions
- I use it as an excuse to get out of uncomfortable situations that Im too scared to face honestly
- I feel like I dont know what I am without it (its all I have known for a long time)
- self punishment for past sins
- its my voice
- feel anxious/out of control without it
- keeps me somewhat needy/dependent on my parents
- keeps me from having to completely grow up
Besides the obvious physical toll ED takes on my body, its self destructive in many other ways as well. It steals:
- peace of mind
- self esteem
- IT STEALS LIFE!!!
"The thief comes only to
steal, kill & destroy;
I came that they may have life &
have it abundantly."
Evaluate the things that you do... what you are getting out of them & whether or not these pieces of you life are stealing from you or adding something positive in shaping you in becoming more fully who Christ made you to be!