Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Revelations

I dont even know where to begin as far as sharing what the Lord has done in my life over the last few month so I thought that I would start out by sharing several revelations the Lord has given to me that I will hold close to my heart forever...

  • Christ in Me:
"For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory." Col. 3:3

"God doesn't play hide-and-seek with us. He's not remote; he's near. We live and move in him, can't get away from him! One of your poets said it well: 'We're the God-created.' " Acts. 17:24-29

"You realize, don't you, that you are the temple of God, and God himself is present in you? No one will get by with vandalizing God's temple, you can be sure of that. God's temple is sacred—and you, remember, are the temple." 1Cor. 3:16-17
*I have always struggled with loving myself, all of me, body, mind, heart, soul and spirit. The Lord has shown me how to love and accept myself the way he made all of me by the words of these verses. Because he is a part of me and I love him, then I automatically am loving and accepting myself. He is part of me. When I think degrading thoughts about myself I am not only hurting myself, but I am hurting God. Its saying that the way he made me is not good enough and he is not good enough (since he is a part of me). How can I not love, accept and respect myself when Christ himself is in me!?!
  • Beautiful:
    " You're beautiful from head to toe, my dear love,
    beautiful beyond compare, absolutely flawless." Songs 4:7
*Comparison of others whether it be physical looks, personality traits, spiritual maturity, or tangible belongings can bring about quite a bit of discontentment. I have found myself doing this a lot in the past (and sometimes still battle), but God has given me some insight into this verse and how to apply it to my life. God only created one Meagan Nicole Vrba, therefore I cant compare myself and my life to others because there is no other Meagan with my DNA, personality and spirituality to compare myself to. I was created by God to fit into the mold that he made for me, not someone else's mold. When I lust after what others have and try to 'be like them,' its never enough to satisfy. Why? because wasnt created to fit in your mold and you were not created to fit in mine. God loves me so much that he made me unique. The more I am able to accept and love all of me exactly the way God made me and yield to his desires for me, the more I fit into my God-created, Meagan Nicole Vrba, mold. And within that mold beauty and flawlessness is found in the eyes of the Lord.

  • Demonic Illusions:
"The Spirit makes it clear that as time goes on, some are going to give up on the faith and chase after demonic illusions put forth by professional liars. These liars have lied so well and for so long that they've lost their capacity for truth. They will tell you not to get married. They'll tell you not to eat this or that food—perfectly good food God created to be eaten heartily and with thanksgiving by believers who know better! Everything God created is good, and to be received with thanks." 1 Tim. 4:1-5
*For so long I was told and believed that anorexia was a disease that I would have 'manage' for the rest of my life. The world has tried to explain away why people struggle with different things only to find often that their 'fixes' never truly bring freedom The Lord has given me the realization of how untrue it is that anorexia is a disease- the truth will set you free. Anorexia is a spiritual battle, a demonic illusion that I sought after blindly for over 12 years. Its not something I have to 'manage' for the rest of my life Christ has set me free, so indeed I am free. There is so much freedom in this truth and the fact that I have authority over anorexia, the enemy, through Christ in me.

  • Freedom:
"Christ has set us free to live a free life. So take your stand! Never again let anyone put a harness of slavery on you." Gal. 5:1
*About a month ago someone asked me if I had received complete healing and freedom from anorexia and I hesitated in my response. I thought 'Im not free, the thoughts and temptations are still present.' But the more I wrestled with and prayed about this I discovered ... I AM FREE, ever since I accepted Christ he made me free. There will still be thoughts and temptations because 1) satan is alive and well, ready to devour and 2) we live in a fallen world, things happen because of our sin nature. It's what I do in those moments when the thoughts and temptations come in that I am able to choose Christ, my path of freedom. Obedience to God time after time will determine the level or freedom I experience. So the question is: How free do I want to be?

Free to be ME!
(no matter what I am doing and how
silly I look I know that I am loved)

video

1 comments:

Lily Jane said...[Reply to comment]

LOL, we woulda got in HUGE trouble for doing something like that when I was at the Lincoln home. Since I got there only 1.5 weeks after it opened, the staff were new and super strict. :\

Post a Comment