Monday, June 28, 2010

Its YOUR day!

twenty-5

Twenty-5 thingS I've learned about
life SO FAR:
1985
  1. Beauty comes from within
  2. Actions speak louder than words
  3. Make your faith your own
  4. You must love God and yourself before you can love anyone else
  5. The way I live my life is my gift to God
1990
  1. True friends stick by you through thick and thin
  2. Comparing leads to discontentment which also is saying that what God has given you isn't good enough
  3. God loves you because of who God is, not because of anything you did or didnt do
  4. I am Christ's bride and he is in pursuit of me
  5. Dancing and laughing are both good for the soul
1995
  1. A daddy's hugs are priceless
  2. Worrying gets you nowhere
  3. The truth will set you free
  4. Keep a gratitude list
  5. It's not about me
2000
  1. My family is a gift
  2. People-pleasing can cause a lot of heartache
  3. Chivalry is one of the most attractive traits in a man
  4. There is more to being a Christian than showing up to church each Sunday
  5. One of the greatest pleasures in life is to have your hair played with
2005
  1. There is nothing like the unconditional love of your animals
  2. Adversity builds character
  3. Credit cards are just asking for trouble
  4. Nothing is coincidence; God works everything out for good
  5. God makes up for where I am lacking
2010

Twenty-five years ago, June 29th,1985, I was given the blessing of life. Entering the world on that day I had no clue what God had in store for my life. Between now and then my life has been full of ups and downs, heartache and joy, fear and peace. I can recall times of wondering why God had given me 'this' particular life to live and not the life of someone else who seemed to have it easier or had it all. There were also times that I thought it would be easier to die than to live the way I was living, because really, I was living at all I was just getting by, waiting... but through the years the Lord has had His hand on me. He has preserved my life and kept me from falling into the pit of death so I could experience full, ABUNDANT life in relationship with him AND use my life to touch the lives of others through God's life shining from within me. Although I am nowhere close to what I thought it would be like at this point in my life, I am trusting and believing that God's plan for me is far better than mine!

Live, LAUGH, Love...

2 comments:

Liz Perdomo said...[Reply to comment]

I will praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. Psalm 139:14

How precious God is to give us life, but most wonderfully for Him to have thought out every detail of our yesterday, today and tomorrow. And so today I thank God for creating you and allowing you to live out a life with purpose through Him. And I wish you blessings for the many days ahead in which you will uncover many more of God's mysteries and gifts in life. It has been a true blessing to say I have been a part of a chapter (more like a page..lol) in your life. God bless and much love, Liz Perdomo

Kathryn said...[Reply to comment]

I don't know how I just read this, but I did! I love it and I am thankful for your insights.

I love all the pictures, but the words are what counts. So thankful you share!

Post a Comment