Sunday, August 29, 2010

Two Weeks Worth of Thanksgiving!

I am grateful for the power of music & how God speaks to me through the beautiful words & intriguing sounds. "Music is the soundtrack of your life- of your soul."


I am grateful for my precious brother Connor and my relationship with him! Thank you Lord for giving me a brother who is so caring and practices unconditional love!


I am grateful for my dear, sweet friend, accountability partner and sister, Jeanette, who continually reflects Christ's unconditional love to me no matter what... she is 'sticking with me!' God purposefully placed her in my life!


I am grateful for all the different ways God reflects his beauty here on earth. I was reminded of this by the image of the moon I saw tonight and this song came to mind:
"I’m giving my life to the only One who makes the moon reflect the sun, Every starry night, That was His design, I’m giving my life to the only Son Who was and is and yet to come, Let the praises ring, ‘Cause He is everything..."

I am grateful for the man who took the time to speak to me, to tell about his sacrifice to live for the Lord and to give me one of his pens as a reminder with this written on it.....
"Everyone will hate you because you are committed to me. But the person who patiently endures to the end will be saved." Matt. 10:22
(Over the past two weeks I have seen him 3 different times.
What a reminder of someone giving up their life to serve the Lord)


I am grateful to have met & visited with the campus pastor of The Village Church Denton & to hear about all the prayers him, the staff & the church have been sending up for me over the past year. Thank you Village Church for your compassion & faithfulness!


I am grateful for Dr. Vignolo & staff in Corinth, TX for giving
me an amazing blessing and correcting my smile with a CLEAR retainer
only to help me shine even brighter for the Lord.


I am grateful for the Lord merging my path with an acquaintance from Tyler. Thru God's perfect planning we ran into one another Sunday at church, have been in touch throughout the week. Tonight she joined me for my home group and decided to join. God is good, its no coincidence this happened!!


I am grateful for the little girl at the restaurant tonight praying with her family before she ate. She reminded me of the importance of having "childlike faith." Humble Dependence. A Teachable Heart. Unconditional Trust. Mustard Seed Faith.


I am grateful for the beautiful reminder from the Lord that out of all the people in the world He knows AND loves me personally, as well as each one of you!


I am grateful for the yummy goodness of peanut butter and the Lord's blessing to give us the sense of taste and enjoyment of yummy foods!


I am grateful to have had the opportunity to see and catch up with a long time, good friend Holly Bullard Muzny!


I am grateful to have found out after plenty of time, many ups & downs & much prayer I will be a College Graduate of UNT on May 14, 2011!!! Mark your calendars! :D

"I won't pretend to know what you're thinking
I can't begin to know what you're going through
I won't deny the pain that you're feeling
But I'm gonna try and give a little hope to you

Just remember what I've told you

There's so much you're living for
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
There's a light at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you

There's a light at the end of this tunnel
Shinin' bright at the end of this tunnel
For you, for you

So keep holdin' on

You've got your disappointments and sorrows
You ought to share the weight of that load with me
Then you will find that the light of tomorrow
It brings a new life for your eyes to see

So remember what I've told you
There's so much you're living for
So keep holdin' on
Keep holding on"

1 comments:

Kathryn said...[Reply to comment]

Seriously...I am always so encouraged by the power of gratitude and how you are a constant example of that! Praying for you and SO excited for you about your graduation!!

Post a Comment