Sunday, January 16, 2011

Beautiful You- Day 2 & 3



"The key to feeling better isn't looking better.  It is feeling better about our lives and better understanding our bodies really are- vehicles in which we can experience life.  Our bodies are not life itself; they are objects of motion, not admiration."

Day 2- Pledge Allegiance to Yourself

Allegiance- [uh-lee-juh ns] loyalty or devotion to some person, group, cause, or the like.
-therefore-
Allegiance to myself= showing love, respect and loyalty to all of me- body, mind, soul and spirit.

The exercise for Day 2 is to read through and sign a Body Warrior Pledge.  To be put simply this Pledge is a commitment to being true to your whole self...
  • Celebrate the temple God has given me.
  • Allow God & myself to be my primary sources of confidence & worth
  • Replace envy with admiration
  • Stand up for myself
  • Renew my mind
  • embrace my imperfections
  • Give my body what it needs
  • Recognize strengths
  • No longer put off things I want to experience

Day 3- Consider How You Feel about Yourself

Where I've been, where I'm going and
how I would like to get there....

How do you feel about yourself?
  Right now, I feel like I am trying to really figure out who the real Meagan is apart from what I have found my identity in for quite a while.  Its exciting, but at the same time scary.  Its a day by day, moment by moment process of letting go that is uncomfortable, but at the same time freeing.  Its a faith walk- trusting God to guide me in discovering who I am as His and a willingness to submit to His ways for me.
        What I know about myself is- the good, the bad, 
the ugly...
  • I don't love myself
  • I have a lot of doubt the concept of God and his love for me
  • I worry about what other people think 
  • My family means the world to me
  • I am too hard on myself
  • I am too independent and prideful
  • I want more than a life consumed with ed
  • I love to laugh
  • I enjoy good food and that scares me
  • I want a husband and kids
  • I fear being alone
      So the next question is why do I feel this way about myself?  I believe this answer is simple, probably too simple for my liking, but sufficient in explaining why I feel the way I do about myself... I feel the way I feel about myself because I do not fully trust the Lord with every aspect of my being-- His love for me, what He says about me, His faithfulness and His sovereignty.  If I can just let go of what I think I know is best because obviously it has gotten me nowhere and step out blindly trusting Him, what do I have to lose??
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;  in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight."  --Prov. 3:5-6
“For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways,”
 declares the LORD.  “As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts." 
--Isaiah 55:8-9
By walking by faith and not by sight I am trusting that this walk will bring me to a place of deeper trust and relationship with the Lord as well as a healthy, more loving and accepting sense of myself.  Through establishing these things I hope to discover my true self and God's purpose in my life....

0 comments:

Post a Comment