Sunday, May 6, 2012

Grateful

Quite a while back I wrote about the importance of gratitude and how keeping a daily gratitude list has been helpful for me.  I fall in and out of the habit of doing it, but always find time and time again the benefits of having a running list of all that I have to be grateful for.

Keeping a gratitude list:

  • Keeps me humble
  • Puts things into perspective
  • Reminds me of God's faithfulness
  • Encourages me to look at the small, simple things and not just the big
  • A reminder not to take things for granted
  • Makes me smile
I keep a daily journal of at least 3-5 gratitudes for each day.  Sometimes I have more, but I challenge myself to have no less and to try not to repeat any so that I am forced to really search for even the smallest thing that I find gratitude it. 

So here are a few gratitudes I have since getting back into the swing of blogging again.

My parents lovingly accepting me back home for a bit while I 
work on Recovery.

Getting to participate in the NEDA Walk in Dallas with good friends & the generous donations from friends and family for Team Eden.

Rootbeer, our dog.  A reminder of God's unconditional love.


My treatment team- the first time I have ear had a team of support in recovery that is all in communication, on the same page and have my best at heart.


My new car that I desperately was in need of and the great deal we got.

Sweet friends that have been such faithful support.



and the little things like:
Time to read

A good color of toe-nail polish

Hugs
Afternoon naps
And sunshine!
So, what are you grateful for?

0 comments:

Post a Comment