Sunday, October 25, 2015

THIRTY!!!


So guess what else happened this year?!?!  I turned THIRTY!!!! Yep!  The BIG 3-0!!! Not something that I have been looking forward to but on June 29, 2015 it happened and honestly it hasn’t been that bad.  It was all pretty special.  Here are the details….

Saturday the 27th my lovely God-mother drove in from Shreveport to see me and take my brother and I to lunch while my parents stayed back and got ready for my Fiesta themed party that took place later that evening.  Connor, Robbyn, her friend and I went to one of my favorite places, Cotton Patch and were able to spend some good quality time together.  After lunch we went home and visited a little longer before Robbyn had to get back on the rode to head home and for us to finish getting things ready for the party.

 My Beautiful God-Mother




The party was to start at 6:30 and to be held outside and there was a chance of rain and sure enough, right around 5:30, before we decided to put the table clothes and Mexican blankets on the tables it started pouring!  It lasted about 20 minutes and praise the Lord it passed!  We dried everything off and finished the details and before long guests started to arrive.  I invited about 30 people and I would say about half of them made it.  It was so much fun!  We ate yummy Mexican food, visited, opened gifts and had another favorite of mine, cookie cake.

FIESTA DECOR










THE FESTIVITIES

Birthday Crew

Meagan & Beth

Meagan, Jan & Susan

 Meagan & Vanessa

 Meagan & Sarah 

Meagan & Hilary

Meagan & Momma!

"Happy birthday!!!"

Sunday the 28th mom and I drove to Dallas to meet up with my Aunt Teri and see Dirty Dancing at Music Hall of Fair Park.  It was so good and a lot of fun!!




 Then Monday the 29th, my actual birthday we met up with two of my bestest friends Jeanette and Beth in Dallas for brunch before we headed home.

BFF's

Mom & me with Jeanette


One of the most important women in my life



Cool kid Cason!

I hold them near & dear to my heart!

Made a pit-stop at Buc-ee's on the way home :) 

All in all my 30th was great!  It was wonderful to spend time with all the people that have meant so much to me in my life and my recovery.  I am truly grateful for the friends and family God has blessed me with.  I wouldn’t trade any of them for the world!  Here's to enjoying the ride for the next 30 plus years!

0 comments:

Post a Comment