Friday, November 13, 2015

"When God?"


I've tried dating in recent months and just haven't had much luck.  It seems as though every guy has one agenda and that agenda, sadly, is not to put God first and honor and pursue the woman he is dating.  I want a true southern gentleman on fire for God and who has to chase after God to get to me
"A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man has to seek Him just
to find her.".
As I'm surrounded by friends getting married, having babies or better yet have been married for years now and have several babies under their belts and yet and I don't even have any prospects on the horizon of potential mates... This question, "when God?" is constantly running through my mind... "When God will it be my turn to get married and have kiddos of my own?" "Why am I now 30 and still single?"  "Why them and not me?"

We live in a world where we celebrate every milestone in our lives... birthdays, graduations, weddings, babies, ect.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE to be a part of these special occasions, but sometimes when all these things are happening to everyone else and not yourself you kinda feel alone and forgotten about... or at least I do.  I try to review and be grateful for all the ways God is working in my own life, but sometimes I get blinded by the things that aren't happening (like marriage & babies).  It's just the truth of the matter and is something I am constantly having to pray about and hand over to God, and trust deep down that in His perfect timing ALL things will work out for the good,  I just have to let go and trust He knows what's best for me and my life journey.


Can I ask for your prayers?  Prayers for the single guys and girls... for us and our future soul-mates.   That God would shape and mold us into the people He needs us to be so that we are equipped to love, honor and cherish whoever that special someone is that he has in store for us and that we would patiently await those special gifts of matrimony and kids... the deep desires of our single hearts.

1 comments:

Eden said...[Reply to comment]

It's like you took a piece of my brain and put into words exactly what I've been feeling for several years now. At 33, I wonder if my time will ever come. I really struggle with that, especially with having a twin at a completely different place in life than me. Thanks for showing me I'm not alone.

Post a Comment