Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Challenge

"We don't grow when things are easy; 
We grow when we face challenges."

So I have debated back and forth about even sharing this because I didn't want to be judged or sadly, that people wouldn't think that I have an eating disorder anymore... (sadly I still struggle to let go of that identity).  So I am sharing this in spite of my eating disorder!

So here it goes... my dietitian requests that I do weekly or at the very least bi-weekly challenges with foods that are difficult for me to make them less difficult.  Well this is exactly what it's called, CHALLENGING!  But with time and consistency I have faced many fears. Including....



My most recent challenge has been cookie cake.  I had it at my birthday for the first time in quite a while and just about died because it was so good.  Well the desire for cookie cake has haunted me ever since I had it for my birthday.  So a couple of times I have picked up a slice and had it.  Well, about a month ago I had for the first time in a while again and thought, "WOW, I wish I could do this more often!" I shared this with my dietitian and she encouraged me to leave my appointment and go straight to get me a slice of cake before I left for my trip to Pennsylvania.  I failed to accomplish this, but managed to have my mom pick me up a slice for when I got home.  Let me tell you I thought about that darn cookie cake the entire time I was on my trip! HA!  (Crazy, I know!)

Well the following day I decided I was going to take a HUGE leap of faith and buy a whole cookie cake, cut it up in portions and have some for my nightly snack.  Ladies and gentleman let me tell you, for the last month or so I have had cookie cake at least 3-5 nights week.  About a week into doing this I totally freaked out and thought it was FOR SURE causing weight gain, but guess what???  When I saw my dietitian I had not in fact gained the weight I thought I had!!! WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT!?!?!  I really can have things that I enjoy and them not cause weight gain!  I really can enjoy the ride of life by having treats and having them more than once a week!


)Pictured below is the cake I  bought and had a portion of each night... I think the message is  appropriate considering the situation. )


Jesus Calling December 9
"Be willing to go out on a limb with Me. If that is where I am leading you, it is the safest place to be. Your desire to live a risk-free life is a form of unbelief. Your longing to live close to Me is at odds with your attempts to minimize risk. You are approaching a crossroads in your journey. In order to follow Me wholeheartedly, you must relinquish your tendency to play it safe. 
Let Me lead you step by step through this day. If your primary focus is on Me, you can walk along perilous paths without being afraid. Eventually, you will learn to relax and enjoy the adventure of our journey together. As long as you stay close to Me, My sovereign Presence protects you wherever you go."  



0 comments:

Post a Comment