Monday, May 31, 2010

An Honor


I have to share with you something exciting that I got to participate in this past weekend. Before I left for Mercy back in October my dear friend of many years, Leslie Bell, asked me to be her maid of honor. I was beyond shocked and so flattered, but was hesitant to accept because I knew that I was going to be away for the next six months at least. Leslie didn’t care and she let me know that she was fully aware of my lack of availability for the next several months and that did not change her mind in having me as her maid of honor. Her and her mom both told me not to worry, just to go and take care of myself and they would be praying for me and waiting for my return.



What a blessing... see for many years now I feel that I have really missed out on a lot. I dont say this for people to feel sorry for me or to feel sorry for myself, its just the truth. Anorexia stole a lot from me, but because of my choices. I was definitely a participant, whether I realized it or not. I wanted anorexia, an illusion more than I wanted what really matters in life, God, family and friends. I thought I would never get the opportunity to be in any friend's weddings, much less be a bridesmaid, but Leslie chose ME as her Maid of Honor! I, of course, did worry that I wouldnt be home in time for the wedding, but I eventually placed it in God's hand's knowing that he knew what an honor and blessing this was for me so why wouldnt he work it out for me to be there? I know that this is one of the many things God is in the process of redeeming in my life while fulfilling the desires of my heart.


So, on May 25, 2010, 12 days after I got back to Texas from Nashville I got to see Leslie for the first time at her bachelorette party. That same evening I finally got to meet her husband to be, Joel Reeves.



Four days later, May 29, 2010, I spent the day out at Elmwood Gardens with the wedding party rehearsing, decorating and getting all dolled up for the wedding celebration. At 7pm I had the honor of witnessing the beautiful marriage of Leslie Faith Bell to Joel Reeves. What a great illustration of Christ's love for us. God made us male and female, so that we could understand, through experience, the intimate pleasures of a personal relationship. Virtually every difference of our bodies from the other primates was brought about for this end. But it is the spiritual relationship that God is most concerned with. The intimate marital relationship between husband and wife is 'right,' because it conforms to the spiritual relations. I love this explanation of Christ's bride.

For this reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and the two will become one flesh. This is a profound mystery -- but I am talking about Christ and the church. Ephesians 5:31-32

I am jealous for you with a godly jealousy. I promised you to one husband, to Christ, so that I might present you as a pure virgin to him. 2 Corinthians 11:2

Love your wife as Christ also loved the church. Ephesians 5:25

Congratulations Leslie and Joel! May your marriage be blessed beyond measure!




0 comments:

Post a Comment