Sunday, January 9, 2011

Home Sweet Home

I could not have asked for a better time at home, except maybe replacing the first few days with the desire and willingness I God gave me about 5 days after I was home.  I don't know what exactly triggered the change, except I knew I wanted more than wasting my life away to an ed that ultimately gave me nothing in return.  Once I was able to swallow my pride, let go and begin trusting things started to shift in a positive, life-giving way making my time at home that much sweeter and refreshing spiritually, emotionally and physically!

Here is a recap, in pictures, of my break...

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree....
Christmas Day... PRESENTS!
Rootbeer!
My precious brother

Our 'Cajun Christmas' Dinner- 

(Notice the HUGE stuffed porkchop my bro had!  Stuffed bell-pepper was my entree of choice)

Jesus' Birthday Cake

Cousins at Grandma's house

Banana Doughnuts mom & I made, mmmm, mmm GOOD!! 



Photo Fun!
Laughter
Dinner @ Jason's with Katie
Staying warm with Rootbeer

....only the beginning of much more joy to come!
"The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows). " -John 10:10

I couldn't have asked for a better Christmas, except maybe trading in the first couple of days for a more willing spirit... but I know that the Lord had His perfect timing in each moment at home.  When I finally let go, He was more able to really move and work everything out for good.  Some key factors that contributed to my change of heart included: 
  • Discontentment & conviction in my heart; loneliness and shame
  • A longing for peace, happiness and freedom that was enhanced with the festivities of the Christmas season
  • Christmas Eve service message
  • My time at home being an opportunity to have extra support when sought
  • The unconditional love and support of my family; words can't express how blessed I am to have parents, a brother, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins who all support and believe in me and the power of the Lord through me
  • The break from school and work giving me the opportunity to take time to refocus nourish my whole self
  • Other admirable bloggers: Jenny, KatieDana, Angela, Jenna,  & Rebecca ... so many others too!
  • Prayers & renewing my mind... 
  • This awesome book my dear friend Jeanette gave me has really been speaking to my heart...  Come Away My Beloved - original Edition
  • The message God gave me in my quiet time... He reminded me of a verse that I cherished while I was at Mercy: Psalm 45:11- "The King is enthralled with your beauty, honor Him for He is your Lord." This verse speaks for itself, my God thinks I'm beautiful just the way I am, because He is my God, a faithful and loving God I am able to worship Him, which enables an even greater overflow of beauty... inner beauty.
    • This verse is was instrumental in presenting to me prior verse, "Listen, daughter, and pay careful attention: Forget your people and your father’s house." - Psalm 45:10;  To me, the Lord is saying to me in this verse, "Meagan, at this time in your life it is time to depend on ME and not be overly dependent on others..." I love this message, it is perfect for me and such reassurance as I prepared to go back to Denton.  I was able to use the support of my family while there, but it's now time to fully rely on God.  I will admit, sometimes it is easier to go to a person for support rather than the Lord, but I know that He is the only one that can truly give me what I need.  
    • This lovely necklace to take home as a reminder of the significance of these verses and what they mean to me. 
Between December 23 and December 28 I was stuck in a deep, dark pit where my heart was torn between being with my family and being with ed for the break.  But God, in His loving-kindness, shined His light into my pit of destruction giving me a new-found willingness, desire and hope.  At the beginning of my time at home I never would have dreamed I'd end up staying over 2 weeks, nor be in a better place all around.  God is so good, Praise Him!  
"You take my mourning turn it into dancing, 
You take my weeping turn it into laughing,
You take my mourning turn it into dancing,
You take my sadness turn into joy ."
-Restoration Song

3 comments:

Anonymous said...[Reply to comment]

what a beautiful testmony of God! you have a talent of writing such beautiful posts. keep witing and also keep praying for us here in pa
joanna

Megan D said...[Reply to comment]

You and your family are so beautiful, and so is everything you write here! :)

Dawn said...[Reply to comment]

I admire your strength and vulnerability in sharing your struggles. Keep writing. Keep walking away from that pit.

Post a Comment